“Before starting the course, the fashion industry seemed inaccessible and competitive, but now I feel confident and armed with the right plans to succeed.” – Nicole Jago.
Planning, launching and scaling a fashion business can be consuming, confusing and expensive – but it doesn’t have to be. Our ‘Start Your Fashion Business’ online programme will guide you through the process and equip you with the confidence, skills and industry know-how to plan, launch and grow your own fashion business.
Our online programme is accessible and flexible too, so you can learn from home, in your own time, at your own pace.
The ‘Start Your Fashion Business’ online programme has been specifically designed for start-ups and established fashion businesses by Fashion Equipped’s Founder, Elizabeth Formosa. With more than 20 years of industry experience, Elizabeth understands how the fashion industry operates and knows what every business needs to survive and succeed in our competitive industry.
Through guided course modules, coaching calls and member’s only content, Elizabeth offers her professional insight and industry knowledge to help develop your understanding of business strategies, branding, product development, sourcing, sales, marketing and financing.
“Fashion Equipped helped me get to where I am today, and working with Elizabeth has given me the upper hand. I have been able to transform my small handmade business into a fully manufactured label and my orders have increased tenfold. Elizabeth guided me through the whole process from design and production to retail and wholesale pricing, right down to the details like trademarking my brand.”
– Andrea Goulding, Kapow Kids.
How we’ll help you
Video guided mentoring
You’ll be guided by Elizabeth through 50+ video tutorials offering industry insider information and knowledge, with clear and actionable steps to accelerate your business progress. Our mentoring videos are easy to understand and delivered systematically to help you establish your business foundations from the bottom up. Working through every area from sourcing to selling, Elizabeth will show you how to build your business from strength to strength. /span>
Live group coaching calls
You’ll receive six live video group coaching calls with Elizabeth to answer any questions you have about your business, your progress and the programme. Our group coaching calls are open to all students, offering support and motivation from our community of established and start-up businesses. Our live group coaching calls also include guest appearances from industry professionals, offering direct connections and valuable insider knowledge.
Action plan and workbooks
You will be provided with industry specific tools, templates and action plans for each lesson to organise your business and develop a strategic plan with steps that you can easily implement yourself. We’ll send you market research frameworks, branding blueprints, product costing sheets, sales and inventory plans, marketing plans, technical specification templates, range plans and briefing guidelines, checklists and more. At the end of each module, you’ll receive a workbook of valuable resources, compiled by Elizabeth exclusively for programme students, including tools, tips and contacts to accelerate your progress and give your business a competitive edge.
You’ll join our alumni of start-ups and established businesses in our excusive SYFB Facebook community, accessing valuable advice from previous and current members. Our private Facebook group offers open and honest support from peers, bonus tips and coaching advice from Elizabeth, and exclusive industry information and tips from our consultants and special guests.
What you’ll learn
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Skills in business strategy, branding, product development, sourcing, sales and marketing
- Insider knowledge of the fashion industry
- How to develop a strategic business plan
- How to confidently establish your business foundations and scale for success
- How to creatively market your fashion business with runway plans, digital tactics and industry events
- How to source innovative fabrics and textiles and design your own exclusive prints
- Industry tips and contacts to save you thousands of dollars in expensive start-up mistakes
- How to establish your fashion business as an innovative leader with a competitive edge
- How to establish a strong social media presence and grow a loyal following of repeat buyers
- How to develop a framework of industry best practices including ethical and sustainable guidelines, legal requirements, trademarking regulations and standards
- How to create retail and wholesale opportunities and establish a strong sales plan
- How to calculate costs, forecast your sales, make a profit and understand cash flow
- How to develop your brand identity and build brand equity
- How to draft seasonal calendars and create a range plan
- How to complete a sampling and fit procedure
- How to source local and offshore suppliers and manage shipping logistics and insurance
- How to market your business effectively through digital and traditional channels
- How to create a strong PR strategy and manage influencer outreach programs
- How to scale your business to success, hire staff and outsource contractors
“The thing I liked most was Elizabeths ability to understand the brand and take something that is slightly outside the box in terms of business structure and brand positioning then apply her knowledge directly to that in an effective manner. I left the consultation excited, motivated and with a clear direction for the brands future. I would highly recommend Fashion Equipped not just for those starting out but for businesses with some years behind them as well.”
– Jamie, skingrowsback
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR?
- Those who want insider access to the knowledge, tools and networks required to plan, launch and grow a fashion business.
- Fashion start ups at the beginning of their journey.
- Fashion start ups that are in the early years of establishing their business and need help to grow or scale.
- Creative entrepreneurs who need help navigating the dynamics of the fashion business.
- Independent and small brands or labels looking to expand their fashion business knowledge, skills and build their networks.
- Those who have studied fashion and now want to apply that to starting their own fashion business.
- Those without fashion industry experience, but with a great business idea that need help getting started.
- Those who are time poor or still working that day job and want information to their lap top fast so they can learn how plan, launch and grow a fashion business.
- Those needing the support of a network of industry professionals ready to pass their long-term experience.
The skills learnt will apply to those:
- Launching their label (across any fashion category).
- Launching an online store.
- At the concept stage and bringing an idea to life.
- Already trading and wanting to scale.
- Wanting to develop new products.
- Wanting to source locally or offshore.
- Building a brand from the ground up.
- Wanting to learn how and where to sell their products.
- Wanting to wholesale their range.
- Wanting to learn how to market their brand.
- Wanting transparency to start-up and operational cost.
- Wanting to learn about the Fashion Business process from concept, to customer.
- 12 months access to the Start Your Fashion Business programme content including action plans, tools, templates and valuable video guided mentoring.
- Lifetime access to the Start Your Fashion Business private members Facebook group for support and guidance from our alumni of like-¬minded business owners.
- Access to industry insider knowledge from industry professionals such as WGSN, The Fashion Advocate, successful Brands, Designers, Retailers and Wholesalers.
- Member-only benefits from our industry partners in all areas of the fashion business including legal, accounting, insurance, industry data and e-commerce.
“We felt like we were being individually mentored by Elizabeth, who is genuinely caring and passionate about helping fashion businesses succeed. If you are thinking of starting a fashion business but have limited fashion industry experience, this course will save you thousands of dollars in costly rookie mistakes.”
– Jo and Toby, Red Dust Active.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m just starting out and don’t even have a business name. At what stage of my business should I start this course?
Fashion Equipped’s Start Your Fashion Business online programme is designed for businesses of all stages, from start-ups to established brands. You don’t need a name, you don’t even need a concrete idea; if you’re starting out and want to establish strong foundations and define your direction, this course will guide you through the entire process and empower with confidence and industry knowledge to succeed. We’ll walk you through the step by step process with easy to follow modules, video mentoring and action plans.
I'm an established business and already selling my brand but I could be selling more. Will this course help me?
Yes! Even if you’ve been operating for years and have an existing business model in place, we’ll analyse your current model and ensure you’re operating at maximum potential. We’ll equip you with creative tools and strategic plans to increase your sales, broaden your industry connections and increase your business performance.
I know what I want to design and manufacture, but I don’t know how to action my ideas or source suppliers. Will this course help me?
Yes! We’ve created entire modules around design, manufacture and sourcing, and we have dedicated consultants to help guide you through the process. We have a valuable network of product designers, graphic designers, manufactures and suppliers that can help turn your concepts into a tangible business.
I'm not great with numbers. Will this course teach me to how to make a profit?
Yes! Making a profit and ensuring financial stability is crucial, and no business can survive without it. Even if you’re not mathematically-minded, our workbooks and action plans will help you develop a pricing strategy to ensure profitably. You’ll be given sales plan templates, wholesale and retail pricing plans, and all the calculating, forecasting and cash flow plans you’ll need to understand the costs involved with running a fashion business – and grow successfully.