To increase the success rate in the Fashion Industry by creating a dynamic fashion startup eco-system. Fashion Business Mindset provides industry support every step of the way & insider access to The Future of Fashion.
Fashion Business Mindset is your FROW seat to ‘real’ stories from Designers, Brands, Entrepreneurs, Makers & Mentors.
Fashion . Business . Mindset
Simon P Lock – CEO of ORDRE & Industry Icon – "Embrace the future of wholesale, virtual showrooms, innovation & technology"
OUR MELBOURNE FASHION FESTIVAL SPEAKER SERIES
Today is a flashback episode in a series of podcasts that showcase the thought leaders who joined me for our Fashion. Business. Mindset LIVE Industry Roundtable that we hosted as part of our participation in the Melbourne Fashion Festival Independent Program: Ideas 2021. If you missed joining us LIVE, the download is available here.
In this Flashback episode from Season 1, Elizabeth speaks with Simon P Lock, Chairman and CEO of ORDRE, the founder of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia, and a former Senior Vice President of IMG Fashion & Models.
Simons is also a member of BoF Global 500, a recipient of the Australia Fashion Laureate and author of ‘In The Front Row’.
Simon has held senior management positions with a number of international fashion weeks including Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Pakistan, New York and India.
Simon is an iconic Australian Fashion Industry figure who has achieved so much throughout his career, and you’re still breaking new ground!
During this dynamic conversation with Simon, he shares insights into not only his journey in the industry but his business ORDRE, founded with his wife Kirsten lock.
ORDRE is described as A NEW CHANNEL FOR THE BUSINESS OF FASHION
It’s a B2B Online wholesale marketplace for designers launched in 2015.
Ordre has a Retail Network of over 2700 retailers, 6000 buyers and is in over 93 countries.
This innovative platform includes Online showrooms, 360-degree imagery, Virtual Reality and is embracing advancements in technology and expanding its global reach.
Key Takeaways & Tips:
· Change is exciting and we have to embrace tech
· Our Industry has now learned that they can do to business virtually
· Virtual creates a more sustainable fashion industry
· Don’t get left behind!
· Brands will now focus on the CORE of their businesses due to the current high volume of product currently in the industry. The industry has to Reset.
· Adopt a ‘Buy now wear now’ model and a shift of the buying cycle
· As a result, we will see a more considered approach by major designers
· Designers will create collections that are not as expansive, are more focused, dropped at the right time in hope of a stronger sell though as product can stay in store at full price for longer
· The retail landscape maybe forever changed
· Simon encourages us all to buy a VR headset and immerse ourselves in this new virtual world
If you want to make the Fashion Business your Business in 2021 – then please head over to our website and jump on our Waitlist – we’ll be opening enrolments to our SYFB Programme and Community on the 1st June and if you’re on the waitlist we’ll ensure you receive all the info you need in the lead-up.
In the meantime, if you want to kickstart your 2021 you can head to Your Mentor Collective– book a 1 hour of power session with one of our amazing Mentors – that’s where the magic happens!