If you missed our Fashion.Business.Mindset LIVE Industry Roundtable, then you don’t have to worry. You can access the full replay and take your virtual FROW seat while we chat to the industries best leaders, changemakers, designers, brands, entrepreneurs and mentors. We’re also going to be covering off a full wrap up of the event here, so you’ll feel like you’ve come away with some gold.
First off, let’s introduce our incredible speaker line-up:
- Graeme Lewsey – CEO of Melbourne Fashion Festival
- James Bartle – Founding CEO of Outland Denim
- Richard Poulson – Founder of Showroom-X and Co-Founder of Morrison
- Effie Kats – Melbourne Designer and Founder of Bayse Brand
- Charlotte Hicks – Founder of Esse Studios
- Sammy Cashen – Founder of Unzipped Fashion Management
- Julie Shaw – Founder & Creative Director of MAARA Collective
- Simon P Lock – Chairman & CEO of Ordre
Melbourne Fashion Festival marked it’s 25th anniversary this year, making it the longest-running consumer fashion event in the country. This year included a program full of fashion, arts, ideas, events which were accessible in person and online. It’s all about listening to the consumer and putting them in the centre and celebrating fashion in all its forms.
Lessons from the last 12 months
Charlotte Hicks | Founder of Esse Studios
- Follow your gut and intuition.
James Bartle | Founding CEO of Outland Denim
- Lean into opportunities to refine the business.
Julie Shaw | Founder & Creative Director of MAARA Collective
- The need to be flexible and adapt to situations.
Richard Poulson | Founder of Showroom-X and Co-Founder of Morrison
- Listening to mentors and shaping decisions around their advice.
Effie Kats | Melbourne Designer and founder of Bayse Brand
- To reorganise, rethink, restructure and redefine their strategy.
Sammy Cashen | Founder of Unzipped Fashion Management
- Always ensuring there was a plan B and C.
Simon P Lock | Chairman & CEO of Ordre
- Realising the effectiveness of what they’re doing right now by embracing video.
Graeme Lewsey | CEO of Melbourne Fashion Festival
- Focus on better, focus on less.
- What does your business mean?
- Purpose-lead business and sustainability
- Key areas of innovation
- Consumerism as the future
- Non-negotiables to reduce an exploitive supply chain
- The power of collaboration
- Advocating for the Australian fashion industry
- Giving back and having a purpose
- Carving out your niche
- Being an influencer for your brand
- The diagnosis of Australian wholesale
- The future of online connections
- Biggest growth opportunities for 2021
- Being nimble and flexible in business
We are proud to be donating 100% of the proceeds from the replay of this event to www.ijm.org, an organisation that works tirelessly to combat slavery, violence against women and children, and police abuse of power against people who are poor. They are one of the vital partner organisations working alongside Outland Denim.
Let’s make the fashion business, YOUR business!